Update as of 3/4/2020 For Indian Visas
Advisory : Travel and Visa restrictions related to COVID-19
- All regular (sticker) Visas/e-Visa (including VoA for Japan and South Korea) granted to nationals of Italy, Iran, South Korea, Japan and issued on or before 03.03.2020 and who have not yet entered India, stand suspended with immediate effect. Such foreign nationals may not enter India from any Air, Land or Seaport ICPs. Those requiring to travel to India due to compelling reasons, may seek fresh visa from nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate
- Regular (sticker) visa / e-Visa granted to nationals of Peoples Republic of China, issued on or before 05.02.2020 were suspended earlier. It shall remain in force. Such Chinese nationals may not enter India from any Air, Land or Seaport ICPs. Those needing to travel to India under compelling circumstances may apply for fresh visa to nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate.
- Regular (sticker) visas/e-Visas granted to all foreign nationals who have travelled to Peoples Republic of China, Iran, Italy, South Korea and Japan on or after 01.02.2020, and who have not yet entered India stand suspended with immediate effect. Such foreign nationals may not enter India from any Air, Land or Seaport ICPs. Those requiring to travel to India under compelling circumstances may apply for fresh visa to nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate.
- Diplomats, officials of UN and other International bodies, OCI cardholders and Aircrew from above countries are exempted from such restriction on entry. However, their medical screening is compulsory.
- All foreign and Indian nationals entering into India from any port are required to furnish duly filled self declaration form (including personal particulars i.e. phone no. and address in India) and travel history, to Health officials and Immigration officials at all port.
- Passengers (foreign and Indian) other than those restricted, arriving directly or indirectly from China, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Italy, Hong Kong, Macau, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Nepal, Thailand, Singapore and Taiwan must undergo medical screening at port of entry.
Here are updates for the following countries being effected due to the Corona Virus as of Feb 3, 2020
- Singapore – Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) will suspend the issuance of all forms of new visas to those with PRC passports. Also, PRC passport holders currently are being suspended as a visa-free transit facility. Any previously issued visas for those with PRC passport holders will also be suspended. They will not be allowed entry into Singapore.
- Korea – The Consulate has issued a special form for PRC passport holders that must be filled out when applying for a Korean Visa. Form can be found here.
- India – The E-visa process is not accepting PRC passport holders or anyone applicant who has resided in China the last 15 days.
- Vietnam – PRC passport holders are currently unable to be issued visas.