Changing your name
Gather the following items
- Depending on the situation- Choose the appropriate Application
If your Passport was issued LESS than a year ago– Complete, print, and sign the online application DS-5504If your passport was issued MORE than a year ago– Complete, print, and sign the online application DS-82
- Print forms one-sided and sign with a black/blue pen
- Order Form
- For Visa Network contact, shipping, and billing purposes
- Two passport photos
- 2x2″ in length, no glasses, taken within 6 months
- Letter of Authorization Form
- Check mark the top 2 boxes, and write “Visa Network” next to Courier Company Name. Form must only be written by the applicant. Don’t forget to read the red PDF instructions
- Be sure it isn’t damaged and hasn’t been expired for longer than 5 years.
- Original or Certified copy of a legal document
Verifying your new name
- Marriage certificate
- Divorce decree
- Court order
- Flight Itinerary or Business/Personal Letter
- If you require a rush process faster than 2 weeks
The Passport Agency requires your applications be created online, and printed one-sided. There should be 2 bar-codes. One located on the top left-hand corner and another on the bottom right-hand corner. The 2-D bar-codes need to show on white paper, sharp and clear.
The Letter of Authorization must be handwritten by the applicant only. The pen used must be in black or blue ink and not interchanged. All fields must be completed including Courier Company Name- be sure to write “Visa Network.”
Forms must be 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches, wrinkle free and clean. They also can’t be printed on thermal paper, dye-sublimation paper, glossy paper, or dot matrix paper.
Passport Agency fee
Check the “Apply” tab to see which form you need. Below is the cost for both forms
|with passport card +30||200|
Enclose a fee in the form of a personal check or money order. Make checks payable to “U.S. Department of State.” The applicant’s full name and date of birth must be printed on the front of the check. There is a fee of $15 if the applicant doesn’t provide a check and Visa Network provides one instead.
Visa Network fee
|10-15 business days||100|
|6-8 business days||150|
|3-5 business days||180|
Call Visa Network (415) 693-0330 for 24/Same-Day service
Above fee does not include shipping (35), bank or extra handling charges that might incur during the process. We don’t have hidden fees and we won’t charge extra without letting you know. Please include a credit card on the Visa Network order form. Alternatively, you can pay in person or by check/money order.
Attn: Passport Desk
870 Market St. STE 888
San Francisco, CA