If you lost your passport, your passport was stolen, or your current valid passport is severely damaged, you must apply in person at a Passport Acceptance Facility.
Gather the following items
- Online DS-11 application
- Complete Online and create PDF
- The PDF will be downloaded. Print two copies and don’t sign anything yet
- Proof of US Citizenship
- Certified birth certificate, issued by state, County Health Department, or Vital Statistics Bureau. Please note: a hospital certificate is not acceptable
- Naturalization Certificate
- Old, expired U.S. Passport
- Two Passport Photos
- 2x2″ in size, taken in the past three months, no glasses, with white white background
- Photo ID
- driver’s license or state I.D.
- Blank Check
- Payable to the “U.S. Department of State.” Service fees for adults are 170 (+30 for passport card) and 25 (clerk fee). Service fees for minors are 140 and 25, respectively. The clerk will verify the fees. Some facilities do accept credit card.
- Letter of Authorization
- Choose either for an adult or minorLetter of Authorization for adults ages 17 and upLetter of Authorization for minors 16 and younger
- Choose either for an adult or minor
- Permission to Process U.S. Passport Form
- Flight Itinerary or Business/Personal Letter
- Required for expedited service
- DS-64 Statement Form
- The form should present itself while doing the online application
- Order Form
- For Visa Network contact, shipping, and billing purposes
The Acceptance Facility
Once you’ve gathered all your documents, visit a Passport Acceptance Facility (County Court House or Post Office. Most require appointments)
Notify the clerk you are using an expedited service (Visa Network). All contents will be placed into a sealed envelope. If the clerk does not feel at ease about releasing the sealed envelope, suggest that he/she refer to page 31 or 44 of their Passport Agent’s manual, “Hand-carrying of Executed Applications”. Do not open this sealed envelope or the application will be invalid.
For U.S. citizens whose passport is:
- Severely damaged
The Letter of Authorization must be handwritten by the applicant only. The pen used must be in black or blue ink and not interchanged. All fields must be completed including Courier Company Name- be sure to write “Visa Network.”
Forms must be 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches, with no perforations, one-sided. Forms printed on thermal paper, dye-sublimation paper, any glossy paper, or on a dot matrix printer will not be accepted.
Visa Network Fees
|10-15 business days||100|
|6-8 business days||150|
|3-5 business days||180|
For 24 hour or Same-Day service call Visa Network (415) 693-0330.
Above fee does not include shipping (35), bank or extra handling charges that might incur during the process. We won’t charge extra without letting you know. Please include a credit card on the Visa Network order form. Alternatively, you can pay in person or by check/money order.
Attn: Passport Desk
870 Market St. STE 888
San Francisco, CA